Campaign Nonviolence Week Of Actions
TAKE ACTION SEPTEMBER 18-25, 2016!
United States – Campaign Nonviolence is a long-term movement for a culture of peace and nonviolence free from war, poverty, racism, environmental destruction and the epidemic of violence.
We invite people and organizations in the U.S. and worldwide to take action during CNV Action Week September 18-25, 2016 including on the International Day of Peace, September 21. Together we will join our voices from around the planet to support a global nonviolent shift!
During Campaign Nonviolence Week, September 18-25, our goal is 500 marches for a culture of peace and nonviolence in cities and towns in all 50 states and in nations around the world, Campaign Nonviolence will march against violence and for a world of peace, justice and sustainability. During Campaign Nonviolence Week, we will connect the dots between war, poverty, racism, climate change, and all forms of violence —and join forces to work for a culture of peace.
Plan a march and other nonviolent actions such as vigils, rallies and more! Let us know that you will be planning a nonviolent action during CNV Action Week by filling out the form on the right and we’ll add your information to the bottom of this page. Once you have your action details you’ll be able to post them here.
To support these powerful forms of action in 2016, Campaign Nonviolence invites people everywhere to:
- Take the Campaign Nonviolence Pledge
- Host or attend a Campaign Nonviolence Skill-Building Workshop
- Watch what happened at the 2015 Campaign Nonviolence National Conference
- Start a Campaign Nonviolence Study Group
- Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter
- Find tools and resources for building Campaign Nonviolence and your CNV action. Get the CNV action toolkit, flyers, graphics, action ideas and more!
- Read our blog post on 10 Tips for Great Actions
- Become a Campaign Nonviolence Promoter/Organizer
- Join us for our next CNV National Organizing Conference Call on August 30, 2016. RSVP HERE! You can also listen or read the notes from the most recent conference call here.
- Get inspired! See a list of the 2014 Week of Actions here and a list of the 2015 Week of Actions here