Declare Independence from the Oligarchy & their Corporate State
Rolling Rebellion actions have begun. Light Projections around the Capitol by Backbone Campaign, Popular Resistance’s “Which Side Are You On Tom?” musical asking FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler to stand with the people and declare independence from the telecoms, and Money Out of Politics projection actions across Baltimore by the Luminous Intervention.
The US Democracy Movement is growing. It is creatively Declaring Independence from the oligarchy and their corporate state. Getting Money Out of Politics is one essential component of battling the corruption of our political, legal and economic systems. People around the country are embracing and insisting upon the self-evident,endowed by creator, unalienable rights which the Declaration of Independence celebrated and promised to uphold.
JOIN these action brigades during this Rolling Rebellion:
July 3rd, 8pm – Dallas, TX
July 4th, 8am – Santa Monica, CA
July 4th, 11am – Arroyo Seco, NM
July 4th, – Nevada City, CA
July 4th, 4:30pm – Rockford, IL
July 4th, 8:30 pm – Cleveland, OH
July 6th, 3pm – Seattle, WA
July 12th, 10am – Lexington Kentucky
July 12th, 11am – San Diego, CA
July 12th, 1pm – New York City
July 12th, 6pm – Denver, CO
Date and time tba – Milwaukee, WI
Here are some of the great Artful Actions the above folks have planned:
- Un-sung Heroes Parade celebrating heroes of the People’s History of the United States: activists, whistle-blowers, and muckrakers.
- Innovative and hilarious twist on a Dunk Tank for Corporate CEO’s for their crimes against democracy.
- Star Wars themed Rebel Alliance battling the corporate Deathstar parade float.
- March with all 27 amendments and the soon to be 28th amendment to end corporate personhood.
- Torch and Pitchfork March
- Monopoly Man and his minions street theater representing the corrupting influence corporations have on our democracy
The Rolling Rebellion for Real Democracy is just beginning!
Learn more , sign up, and access tactical resources at the Rolling Rebellion for Real Democracy website with action map and toolkits, to join in the escalating fight for real democracy.
Rebellion is a muscle that must be exercised!