Teach-In: Countering The Lies No War With Iran, Saturday, January 11, 3 PM Eastern
Above: No War With Iran protest at the White House, January 3, 2019. BY Andrew Caballero-Reynolds / Getty Images.
Build the Movement for Stopping Wars in the Middle East: Organize for the January 25, Global Day of Protest
On Saturday, January 11 at 3 pm ET/2 pm CT/1 pm MT/12noon PT we will hold a national online teach-in to build the movement against war with Iran!
Featuring anti-war leaders, scholars, journalists, representatives from religious communities and others.
The teach-in features an all-star cast representing different sectors of the new anti-war movement that is growing dynamically.
We are encouraging the organizers of the Saturday, January 4 local demonstrations to organize watch events in their cities and towns where people can come together to participate in this teach-in and make additional plans for the upcoming Sat. Jan. 25 Global Day of Protest.
Please register for the teach-in here!
Speakers for the teach-in will include:
- Kathy Kelly, Voice for Creative Nonviolence
- Abby Martin, host of The Empire Files
- Dr. Gerald Horne, author, and historian
- Claudia De La Cruz, The People’s Forum
- Liz Theoharis, Co-chair of the Poor People’s Campaign
- Mazda Majidi, Iranian-American journalist
- Leila Zanda, Iranian-American activist
- Dr. Jill Stein, Green Party presidential candidate 2016
- Eugene Puryear, ANSWER Coalition
- Media Benjamin, CODEPINK
- Ciara Taylor, The People’s Forum
- Max Blumenthal, a journalist at The Grayzone
- Leonard Flores, CODEPINK Latin America Coordinator
- Kevin Zeese, Popular Resistance
- Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, Partnership for Civil Justice Fund
- Mike Prysner, Iraq anti-war veteran
- Anya Parampil, a journalist at The Grayzone
- Brian Becker, ANSWER Coalition
- And others