The People’s Congress Of Resistance
Read the Manifesto of the
People’s Congress of Resistance!
‘Society for the Many:
A Vision for Revolution’
We are excited to release the Manifesto of the People’s Congress of Resistance!
Titled “Society for the Many: A vision for revolution,” the manifesto sets out a bold and clear program for people’s power, emancipation, equality and a society to meet human needs. Read it here!
In the introductory paragraphs, the People’s Congress of Resistance Manifesto explains:
“Without a revolutionary vision, change will not take a revolutionary direction. Resistance will remain rudderless, an exercise in activism for its own sake, or it will be co-opted into a vessel for the political elites. A vision for social, economic and political revolution is necessary. We need to know where we want to go. Our vision ties our actions to our goal by showing us what we are mobilizing for. It guides us in coordinating our strategies and tactics. It helps us build collective strength. Our vision tells us how we can win and that we will win.
“A society organized for the equality and emancipation of the many is one where production is democratically directed for the benefit of the many and not for the private profit of the few. Rather than banks and corporations determining people’s lives and futures, the people determine their destiny themselves.”
- If you agree with the message of the People’s Congress of Resistance, show your support by sharing this announcement on Facebook and Twitter, and forwarding this email.
- Register today for the Sept. 16-17 People’s Congress of Resistance.
- Donate to support a student or person with a fixed income, who otherwise would not be able to come to D.C.
- Find housing options, including discounted hotels and hostels, for the People’s Congress here.
- Looking for other ways to volunteer? Follow this link!