Skip to content

Operation Al Aqsa Flood

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 178: Israel Withdraws From Hospital

The Palestinian health ministry reported that Israeli forces committed 14 massacres across the Gaza Strip since Saturday, killing 140 Palestinians and wounding 202, raising the death toll of Israel’s assault since October 7 to 32,782 with more than 75,392 wounded. In Gaza City, medical sources reported finding at least 50 dead bodies in the surroundings of al-Shifa hospital after the Israeli army withdrew from the medical complex following two weeks of raids. The health ministry said in a statement on Sunday that medical staff are unable to recover the bodies and the wounded under the rubble.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 174: Israel Killed 200 Palestinians In Siege Of Al-Shifa Hospital

The Palestinian health ministry announced in a statement early on Thursday that Israeli forces killed at least 62 Palestinians and wounded 91 in the last 24 hours. The ministry said during this time that Israeli forces committed six massacres across the Gaza Strip. In Gaza City, Israeli bombings targeted two family houses in the vicinity of al-Shifa Hospital, killing 28 Palestinians. In the Shujaiyah neighborhood, east of Gaza, Israeli bombings killed three Palestinians. In the al-Zaitoun neighborhood in Gaza City, Israeli strikes on aid distribution volunteers killed four Palestinians

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 172: Israel Continues Raids On Hospitals

The UN Security Council passed a resolution on Monday calling for an immediate ceasefire in the Gaza Strip, almost six months after Israel’s assault on the Strip began.   The resolution was adopted after the U.S. abstained, in a marked shift from its previous positions, where it had vetoed three ceasefire resolution attempts in the past months. Last week, Russia and China vetoed a proposed ceasefire resolution presented by the U.S. The resolution called for the unconditional release of the remaining Israeli captives in the Gaza Strip as a precondition for the entry of humanitarian aid into Gaza.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 171: ‘Horrific’ Eyewitness Accounts

The Israeli military has imposed ongoing sieges on at least three medical facilities in the besieged enclave, terrorizing, injuring, and killing thousands of civilians in the process.  Al-Shifa Hospital in northern Gaza has entered its seventh day under siege, and the civilians able to flee are reporting ruthless massacres in and around the medical complex.  A teenage Palestinian boy, Farouk Mohammed Hamd, told Al Jazeera he witnessed Israeli soldiers executing a group of eight people, including his father and brother, inside al-Shifa Hospital.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 170: Israel Assaults Three Hospitals

Gaza’s two major hospitals were under attack on Sunday morning as thousands of Palestinians in the coastal enclave have been living under bombardment for the past 170 days. Overnight, Israeli forces committed eight massacres in various areas of the Gaza Strip, according to the Ministry of Health on Telegram, killing at least 84 people and injuring 106. Thousands remain under the rubble of bombed buildings. Israeli forces shelled and bombed the vicinity of al-Amal Hospital in Khan Younis, according to the Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS).

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 166: Israel Kills Officials Handling Food

Israeli forces bombed a gathering point of dozens of Palestinians near the Kuwait roundabout in Gaza City, killing at least 23 people and injuring dozens on Tuesday evening. Most of them were members of Palestinian clans and officers of Gaza’s emergency committee who handled aid supplies and deliveries to starving people in north Gaza. Since Saturday, they had successfully ensured the arrival of 35 aid trucks at the Kuwait and Nabulsi roundabouts, unloading the deliveries in shelters and centers of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA) in Gaza’s Al-Tuffah neighborhood and Jabalia refugee camp.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 165: Israeli Attacks Escalate On Rafah

The Palestinian Authority (PA) warned that Israel has started an offensive on Rafah without an official announcement to avoid international pressure. Overnight, Israel heavily bombed Rafah, killing at least 14 Palestinians in the area where more than one million people are displaced, the majority of them living in tents. “Israel began to destroy Rafah on a daily basis and in a systematic manner through repeated attacks on homes, bombing them, and killing and wounding dozens of civilians,” the PA’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Tuesday.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 164: Israeli Army Storms Al-Shifa Again

In the early hours of Monday morning, Israeli forces stormed al-Shifa Hospital in northern Gaza with tanks and heavy gunfire. There have already been a “number of martyrs and wounded” in the ongoing Israeli onslaught, which began around 2:00 a.m. Gaza’s Ministry of Health said about 30,000 people, including displaced civilians, wounded patients, and medical staff, are trapped inside the complex. Sniper bullets and quadcopters target anyone who tries to move. A fire also broke out at the entrance to the hospital, and cases of suffocation occurred among the displaced women and children inside.

Former NATO Analyst Jacques Baud On Operation Al-Aqsa Flood

This doctrine was developed by Daniel Bethlehem, legal advisor to Benjamin Netanyahu and then to British Prime Minister Tony Blair. It postulates that states are entitled to preventive self-defense against an “imminent” attack. The difficulty here is to determine the “imminent” nature of an attack, which implies that the terrorist action is close in time and that there is a body of evidence to confirm it. In February 2013, NBC News released a Department of Justice “White Paper” defining “imminent:” The imminent threat of a violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have proof that a specific attack against American persons or interests will take place in the immediate future.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 110: Israeli Forces Encircle Khan Younis

Starvation and hunger are spreading among half a million Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, as they facing rainy, cold weather and insufficient food due to the ongoing Israeli aggression since October. Some Palestinian families used whatever ingredients they had to feed their children, such as grinding fodder, which is hay or straw normally fed to cattle, to bake bread. “People need to make bread; sometimes they manage to make it [using fodder] and sometimes not. We are living a famine,” a Palestinian in Gaza told Al-Jazeera Arabic. “We live in a polluted condition. There is no fresh water, no food, no drink, no flour. This flour you see here was made from livestock fodder,” he said, showing a sack of fodder that contained insects and needed palming before being crushed.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 109: Israeli Forces Storm Al-Khair Hospital

Israel’s bombardment shook the ground nonstop underneath Palestinian medical staff and patients at the Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis, in the south of the Gaza Strip. Israeli forces also stormed the Al-Khair Hospital in Khan Younis on Monday afternoon and arrested medical staff, according to Gaza’s Ministry of Health. “The Israeli occupation is preventing ambulance vehicles from moving to recover bodies of martyrs and the wounded from western Khan Younis,” the ministry spokesperson, Dr. Ashar al-Qudra said. Some Palestinian families buried their relatives in the yard of the Nasser Hospital, as anyone who attempted to enter or exit the medical complex was under the threat of Israeli fire.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 108: Systematically Obliterating Gaza

The Israeli army is systematically destroying Gaza as its genocidal war on the beleaguered strip enters its 108th day. The Israeli army, after having almost completely decimated northern Gaza, continues to move further south, setting its sights on Khan Younis, the second-largest district in the besieged enclave. The area was initially designated a safe zone by Israel, leading hundreds of thousands of residents from the north to seek refugee in the city. Yet Khan Younis has now already become a shadow of itself after extensive damage and destruction wrought by the relentless Israeli airstrikes. The ground invasion continues the campaign of obliteration, as Israeli soldiers filmed themselves blowing up 40 residential buildings at once with the use of explosives.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 103: Israel Attacks Southern Gaza Hospital

On Wednesday, the Gaza’s Ministry of Health said that Israeli forces committed 16 massacres in the Gaza Strip, killing 163 Palestinians and injuring 350 in the past 24 hours. Israel has killed at least 24,448 Palestinians and injured 61,504 others since October, the ministry added, warning that it detected the spread of hepatitis A, a liver disease, “as a result of overcrowding and low levels of hygiene in places of displacement in the Gaza Strip.” “We warn against stopping the laboratory blood test (CBC) at any moment due to the lack of its materials,” it added on its Telegram channel. 

How Israeli Forces Trapped And Killed Ravers At The Nova Festival

Israeli officials allege that Hamas carried out a pre-mediated and carefully executed massacre of 364 Israeli civilians at the Nova music festival near Gaza on 7 October as part of the Palestinian resistance's Operation Al-Aqsa Flood. They claim that Hamas and other Palestinians had hours to murder Israeli partygoers before the army reached the scene. However, new details have emerged showing that Israel's Border Police was deployed at the Nova site before Hamas stumbled on the festival, causing the eruption of a major battle. While some ravers were indeed killed by the Palestinian resistance - whether by intent or in the chaos of battle - the evidence now suggests that the majority of civilian deaths were likely inflicted by Israeli forces themselves.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 100: Nearly 100,000 Palestinians In Gaza Killed, Injured, Or Missing

On the 100-day mark of Israel’s aggression on the Gaza Strip, nearly 100,000 Palestinians have been killed, injured, or buried under the rubble. Yet, Israel appears to be unabated, supported by the U.S., UK, and European countries, ignoring international calls for a ceasefire or calls to allow sufficient humanitarian aid to enter the enclave. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged on Saturday evening that the Israeli military invasion of Gaza will not stop “until complete victory.” “No one will stop us; not The Hague, not the axis of evil and not anyone else calling the International Court of Justice (ICJ),” he said.

Urgent End Of Year Fundraising Campaign

Online donations are back! Keep independent media alive. 

Due to the attacks on our fiscal sponsor, we were unable to raise funds online for nearly two years.  As the bills pile up, your help is needed now to cover the monthly costs of operating Popular Resistance.

Urgent End Of Year Fundraising Campaign

Online donations are back! 

Keep independent media alive. 

Due to the attacks on our fiscal sponsor, we were unable to raise funds online for nearly two years.  As the bills pile up, your help is needed now to cover the monthly costs of operating Popular Resistance.