Skip to content

Benjamin Netanyahu

Unions Demand An End To All US Military Aid To Israel

Seven national unions representing 6 million workers in the United States called on President Joe Biden today to end all military aid to Israel. The news came as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a wanted war criminal, came to Washington to speak to Congress tomorrow. It’s an unprecedented demand, coordinated across some of the nation’s biggest unions. The unions that signed the letter are the Flight Attendants (AFA-CWA), Postal Workers (APWU), Painters (IUPAT), National Education Association, Service Employees (SEIU), the Auto Workers (UAW), and the Electrical Workers (UE). Delegates at the APWU’s national convention last week passed a resolution calling on the government to halt all military aid to Israel and “stop using our tax dollars for more war.”

Mother Nature Says Adios To Rube Goldberg US Military Pier In Gaza

Well, I told you so. Mother Nature with her not-so-big wind and waves tore apart the multimillion-dollar temporary pier that took the U.S. military two months to be transported from a U.S. Army base on the U.S. east coast and another two months to construct like legos. Mother Nature had to intervene not once, not twice, but three times before the U.S. government finally got the message. The pier idea was reportedly sprung on the U.S. military in President Biden’s January State of the Union address. The risk assessment for success was probably never started, much less completed, or if it was completed, it was probably hidden in a desk drawer as the predictions would not have matched the political demand of “Do somethingto help get us out of this mess.”

Thousands To Protest Netanyahu Congressional Visit In Washington, DC

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is set to speak on July 24 in front of the United States Congress following an invitation by leading politicians from both mainstream parties. Netanyahu is considered a war criminal internationally, with the ICC expected to issue a warrant for his arrest within the next two weeks—however, he is completely safe in the United States, which is not a state party to the Rome Statute of the ICC.  Both the Israeli Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant are wanted for “war crimes and crimes against humanity.” In May, Chief ICC Prosecutor Karim Khan applied for arrest warrants for the two officials, which are expected to be issued within the next two weeks.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 283: Israel Bombs Displacement Centers

Israeli forces have killed at least 131 Palestinians since Saturday in three separate targeted bombings on locations where displaced families had been taking shelter. On Saturday, Israeli fighter jets and armed drones struck a crowded tent city several times in the al-Mawasi area, west of Khan Younis, on Saturday morning. The army fired at least nine heavy U.S.-made JDAM missiles on the crowded tent area, according to survivors’ testimonies gathered by Mondoweiss. Al-Mawasi had been declared a “safe area” by the Israeli army in early May as it began its assault on Rafah, pushing thousands of families who had already fled their homes in the center and north of the strip to flee again to al-Mawasi.

Arrest Netanyahu! Surround Congress On July 24

When war criminal Netanyahu comes to Washington DC on July 24, we will mobilize and issue a notice of a citizen’s arrest! The people of the world stand with Palestine and against the genocide committed by Israel with full support of the United States and impunity. Join us in forming a People’s Red Line Against genocide around the Capitol building! Benjamin Netanyahu, the Prime Minister of the genocidal state of Israel should be arrested for war crimes and crimes against humanity. In fact, the International Criminal Court has requested arrest warrants for him and Yoav Gallant, the Minister of Defense of Israel. We won’t let a war criminal walk the streets of DC.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 279: Israel Orders Residents To Flee

The Israeli negotiations team returned from Qatar after the first meetings of the resumed ceasefire talks on Wednesday to update the government ahead of upcoming talks in Cairo, Israel’s Channel 12 reported. On Wednesday, the heads of the Israeli Mossad, the CIA, and the Egyptian intelligence met in Doha with Qatar’s Prime Minister to discuss a potential deal with Hamas, as several Israeli and U.S. sources reported “progress” in the talks to reach a deal with the Palestinian group. In Washington, U.S. National Security Advisor, Jake Sullivan, said that Washington sees an opportunity to reach a ceasefire and prisoners’ exchange deal in Gaza.

Netanyahu Goes For Broke

It is a matter of record that the Zionist project has had extensive territorial designs on the lands known as Palestine since at least the early 20th century. As others have argued, the Israelis’ openly racist assault on the Palestinians of Gaza is to be understood not as a sudden eruption of violence, a departure, but as an especially savage continuation of Zionist conduct for more than a century. When history is brought to bear in this fashion, it becomes increasingly apparent that the invasion of Gaza since the events of last Oct. 7 ought not be seen in isolation. The more pathologically disturbed members of Benjamin Netanyahu’s freak-show regime — notably, but not only, Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben–Givr, the finance and national security ministers — have never been shy on this point.

July 24: No Free Speech For War Criminal Benjamin Netanyahu!

July 24 is a moment for which the whole movement should begin considering, planning and strategizing for mass actions, shut-downs, stay-aways, sit-ins, walkouts, traffic blocks, work stoppages, strikes and more. In every city of the U.S. and internationally we have a responsibility to denounce Netanyahu’s address to Congress. This is an event designed to normalize and give an embrace to Israeli apartheid. We encourage every group and individual of conscience to think about what can be done collectively on July 24. This is a moment for breaking ranks with the genocidal established order. There is a protest already called at the U.S. Congress in Washington, D.C., on July 24. We hope this will be as large as possible and encourage anyone who is able to go to D.C.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 262: Netanyahu Refuses To End The War

As Benjamin Netanyahu tells Israeli TV he is prepared to continue the war in Gaza indefinitely, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant visits Washington D.C. to meet U.S. officials amid a possible all-out war with Lebanon.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 255: Netanyahu Dissolves War Cabinet

On Monday, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu dissolved the Israeli government war cabinet that was formed immediately following the October 7 attack, and that has been directing the war for nine months. Netanyahu’s move came a week after two key members of the war cabinet, Benny Gantz and Gadi Eizenkot, resigned in protest of Netanyahu’s leadership, calling for early elections. The formation of the war cabinet, which excluded Netanyahu’s governing coalition allies, Itamar Ben-Gvir and Bezalel Smotrich, was Gantz’s condition to join, back in October. Following Gantz and Eizenkot’s resignations, both Ben-Gvir and Smotrich, who are controversial to Israel’s western allies due to their explicitly racist rhetoric, have demanded to join the cabinet.

Colombia Halts Coal Sales To Israel Until Genocide In Gaza Ends

The Colombian Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism published a decree according to which the country will stop selling coal to Israel in an attempt to pressure Tel Aviv to stop its genocide of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. “This decree will enter into force after five calendar days… and will remain valid until the orders of provisional measures issued by the International Court of Justice in the process of applying the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide in the Gaza Strip are fully complied with,” states the decree published on Friday, June 7.

Netanyahu’s Upcoming Visit To D.C. Demonstrates Interconnection Of American And Israeli Politics

In a recent piece from the Israeli publication, Haaretz, titled “Inviting Netanyahu to D.C., Democratic Leaders Stabbed Israel’s Liberals in the Back,” Amir Tibon criticizes Netanyahu’s upcoming visit to the U.S. congress in Washington while never having visited local areas impacted by the Oct. 7th attack and failing to prioritize, as well as actively denying, hostage deals. The invitation was initiated by Republican Speaker of the house, Mike Johnson, and co-signed by Chuck Schumer, Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate, and Hakeem Jeffries, Minority Leader of the House of Representatives. Tibon writes: “Why Johnson would want to invite Netanyahu, in the midst of an American election year, is obviously clear:

Historical US And Israeli Abuse Of ICC Leads To Netanyahu Indictment

On May 20, International Criminal Court prosecutor Karim Khan issued a statement outlining why he was seeking international arrest warrants for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Security Minister Yoav Gallant for “crimes against humanity” committed in Gaza since “at least” October 8, 2023. To anyone who has been spectating the Gaza genocide since that fateful day, the welter of horrendous charges leveled at the pair won’t have been a shock: Starvation of civilians as a method of warfare; willfully causing great suffering; willful killing; murder; intentionally directing attacks against a civilian population; extermination; persecution; inhumane acts.

Wanted By International Criminal Court, Netanyahu To Address Congress

Mike Johnson, Republican Speaker of the US House of Representatives, said on 23 May that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will soon address a joint meeting of the Congress. “Tonight, I’m happy to announce ... we will soon be hosting Prime Minister Netanyahu at the Capitol for a joint session of Congress,” Johnson said during a speech at an Israeli embassy event. Johnson said during the speech that Netanyahu’s upcoming address will be “a strong show of support for the Israeli government in their time of greatest need.” The announcement comes as officials from the administration of US President Joe Biden have made increasingly critical comments on Israel’s ongoing war in Gaza.

‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 227: ICC Seeks Warrants For Netanyahu, Galant

Chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court Karim Khan told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour in an interview on Monday, May 20, that the ICC would be seeking arrest warrants for Israeli leaders and Hamas officials on charges of “war crimes” and “crimes against humanity” on October 7 and during the war on Gaza. The ICC prosecutor told Amanpour that the application for the arrest warrants, if granted by the ICC’s panel of judges, included Hamas’s leader in Gaza Yahya Sinwar, Hamas politburo chief Ismail Haniyeh, Qassam Brigades commander Muhammad al-Deif, and most notably, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli war minister Yoav Gallant.

Urgent End Of Year Fundraising Campaign

Online donations are back! Keep independent media alive. 

Due to the attacks on our fiscal sponsor, we were unable to raise funds online for nearly two years.  As the bills pile up, your help is needed now to cover the monthly costs of operating Popular Resistance.

Urgent End Of Year Fundraising Campaign

Online donations are back! 

Keep independent media alive. 

Due to the attacks on our fiscal sponsor, we were unable to raise funds online for nearly two years.  As the bills pile up, your help is needed now to cover the monthly costs of operating Popular Resistance.